Skip to content
OUR “DIVINE NINE” ORGANIZATIONS
- was founded December 4, 1906, at Cornell University on the principles of scholarship,
manly deeds, and love for all mankind.
- was founded January 15, 1908, at Howard University with the philosophy of cultivating
and encouraging scholastic and ethical standards of unity and friendship.
- was founded on January 5, 1911, at the University of Indiana to assist aims of colleges
and universities in uniting college men of culture in a band of brotherhood.
- was founded on November 17, 1911, at Howard University with the ideals of scholarship,
perseverance, manhood and uplifting of human kind in their hearts and the hearts of
- was founded on January 13, 1913, at Howard University as a public service sorority
promoting academic excellence and providing assistance to the needy.
- was founded on January 9, 1914, at Howard University on the principles of brotherhood,
scholarship, and service.
- was founded on January 16, 1920, at Howard University with a vision predicated upon
the ideals of scholarship, service, sisterly love, and finer womanhood.
- was founded on November 12, 1922, at Butler University as an organization devoted
to “Greater Service, Greater Progress.”